Master Classes :::
After the really good experience of the last editions, even for 2005 six "cinema lessons" are programmed, they will be held by some personalities of the international cinema, awarded with the Taormina Arte Award for Cinematic Excellence: Virna Lisi (June, 12th), Malcom McDowell (14th), Hugh Hudson (15th), Bob Rafelson (16th), Irene Papas (17th), and Laura Morante (18th) already awarded in the last years.
- Tribute to Virna Lisi: SIGNORE & SIGNORI by Pietro Germi, LA REINE MARGOT by Patrice Chéreau, IL PIU’ BEL GIORNO DELLA MIA VITA by Cristina Comencini, LA CICALA by Alberto Lattuada (copia proveniente dalla Cineteca Nazionale del CSC).
- Tribute to Malcolm McDowell: STAR TREK: GENERATIONS by David Carson, MY LIFE SO FAR by Hugh Hudson, A CLOCKWORK ORANGE by Stanley Kubrick, EVILENKO by David Grieco.
- Tribute to Hugh Hudson: REVOLUTION, GREYSTOKE: THE LEGEND OF TARZAN, LORD OF THE APES, I DREAMED OF AFRICA, CHARIOTS OF FIRE.
- Tribute to Bob Rafelson: THE POSTMAN ALWAYS RINGS TWICE, MOUNTAINS OF THE MOON, BLOOD AND WINE, FIVE EASY PIECES.
- Tribute to Andie MacDowell: SEX, LIES AND VIDEOTAPE by Steven Soderbergh, UNSTRUNG HEROES by Diane Keaton, THE LAST SIGN by Douglas Law, DINNER WITH FRIENDS by Norman Jewinson.
- Tribute to Laura Morante: RICORDATI DI ME by Gabriele Muccino, L’AMORE E’ ETERNO FINCHE’ DURA di Carlo Verdone, UN VIAGGIO CHIAMATO AMORE by Michele Placido, LA STANZA DEL FIGLIO by Nanni Moretti.
- Tribute to Irene Papas: UM FILME FALADO by Manoel De Oliveira.
Not included in the "cinema lessons" is the tribute to Victoria Abril with three films: SIN NOTICIAS DE DIOS by Agustin Diaz Yanes, TACONES LEJANOS, ¡ATAME! by Pedro Almodovar.