:: CINEMA'S LESSONS
The real event within the event were represented by seven “Cinema’s
Lessons” organized by Felice Laudadio and presented to the public by Deborah
Young. The lessons will take place during the 50th edition of the Taormina BNL
FilmFest from June 13th to 20th.
Every lesson will be introduced by the screening of a film either directed or
interpreted by the “teacher”. The meetings will take place every day
in the big theatre (approx. 1,000 seats) of the Congress Palace around 11.00am,
right after the film screening. The lessons will be held by prestigious International
cinema’s personalities. The program’s events realized in collaboration
with Stella Artois will develop as follows:
- On June 14th the film Dangerous Liaisons (1988), winner of three Oscar and greatly
awarded everywhere, will be the lesson’s starting point of the UK director
- On June 15th will be the turn of the German director Margarethe von Trotta with
Rosenstrasse (2003), best actress Coppa Volpi winner at the past Venice Film Festival
and recently awarded with both the David of Donatello and the International press
Golden Globe Award for best film.
- On June 16th the Australian director Peter Weir who has chosen The Year of Living
Dangerously he himself directed on 1982, Oscar winner for best actress.
- On June 17th the lesson will be held by the New Zealand director Jane Campion
who has chosen In the Cut (2003), with Meg Ryan and Jennifer Jason Leigh.
- On June 18th a group of important directors and editors such as Jon Jost, Roberto
Perpignani, Larry Sider, Sabine Himmelsbach, Pierre Dongiovanni, all coming from
different countries, will focus their lesson’s theme on “A research
hypothesis on the cinematographic and audiovisual language” presenting digital
films realized at the Gallodoro Short Films Campus.
- On June 19th the lesson by Francesco Rosi and his Salvatore Giuliano (1961)
- On June 20th the closing lesson will be a question-answer based meeting with
the public on Joel Schumacher’s film Falling Down (1993), held by the Oscar
winner actor, director and producer Michael Douglas.